Srinath B. Magal, B.E., M.S, (U.S.A) M.I.E
A well known and respected name in the field of Civil / Structural Engineering and Architecture in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad and the states of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka. Mr. Magal is a graduate of Osmania University, Hyderabad (1963) and the University of Hawaii, Manoa and the University of Illinois at Urbana - Champaign, U.S.A (1969). After working in Honlolulu, Hawaii, USA in the late 1960's and early 1970's, Mr. Magal returned to India to take control of the firm started by Mr. N.R. Magal. He has been responsible for numerous projects of magnitude both in India and abroad. He is regarded as an expert on cost effective solutions to the client's structural and architectural design needs with his over three decades of experience. His responsibilities include leading the firm's design and engineering efforts to ensure that the expressed concerns of the client are addressed.
Sateesh S. Magal, B.Arch, M.Arch (USA), Dipl. Historic Preservation, FIIA. GRIHA Evaluator
Sateesh is a distinguished graduate of the Gulbarga University, Gulbarga (1993) and has post graduate education from the University of Hawaii, Manoa and Kansas State University (1995), United States of America. Experienced on several projects of national and international significance in the United States and diversified projects of Hellmuth, Obata and Kassabaum and Cooper Carry Inc., Atlanta, USA. Sateesh provides all production standards and project coordination for the firm. His holistic understanding of Computer Aided Design as applicable to Architecture is an asset to the firm, in meeting the client's expectations and making available alternate solutions to the design program quickly and effectively. He works directly with clients and coordinates all engineering and architectural disciplines within the client's design parameters. He is also responsible for all technical aspects and quality delivery to the clients.
Proficient in managing technically complex projects from initial conception through programming, design and construction.
Contributed to a wide spectrum of projects. Technology parks, high rise and mid rise office, health-care, research, residential, multi family, commercial, industrial, correctional and institutional buildings.
Excellent problem solving, detailing and client management skills.
Young, eager, motivated, diligent and responsible.
Proven knowledge of computer applications to architecture .
HELLMUTH, OBATA+KASSABAUM, INC., Senior Technical Staff Architect, 1999-2000
Worked on a fast track scheduled multi million dollar research facility at Emory University, Atlanta. The facility is intended to provide 325,000 Gross Square Feet interdisciplinary laboratories and special facilities such as animal housing, tissue culture, nuclear magnetic resonance imaging facility and Environmental Health and Safety support facilities. At completion the facility will support Biosafety level 2 and level 3 research activities. Also included the Interdisciplinary Science Building at the University of Alabama, Birmingham, and Centers for Disease Prevention and Control, Atlanta, USA.
COOPER CARRY INC., Staff Architect, 1998-1999
Technology Park for scientific Atlanta. Worked on corporate office buildings ranging in area from 400,000 square feet and budgeted between $40 million to $300 million dollars, the typical project being a mid rise to high-rise building. Experience includes working with the owner, contractor and managing consultants and the entire design team in the production of a coordinated set of design development and construction documents. Recent experience includes design of a 26 story high-rise building for Center Worldwide Real estate services, Spectrum properties and Comerstone Real Estate, advisers in Charlotte, N.C.
PRECISION PLANNING INC., Staff Architect and Project Manager, 1997-1998
Projects include multi-family residential renovations for Mangolia Hills Apartment Revitalization on Brook hollow Parkway in Norcross, Georgia . This project consisted of a 400-unit apartment complex located on Interstate 85 just north of Atlanta with a project budget of $7 million. This had been vacant for several years and required complete site and building evaluations which included everything from structural components and code requirements to new finishes and mechanical/electrical systems. Many of the 33 buildings required substantial code upgrades which were reviewed with the local code and building officials in person; completing the code review in person with building department officials enabled to develop a professional relationship with the inspectors. This personal level of attention to detail and meticulousness contributed to the success of the project.
A multi tasking ability was demonstrated in doing as-built drawings, evaluating the extent of repair required and effectively coordinating the limitations of the client, ground realities for the safety of the project, consultant input and also a sizable profit for the architectural firm.
Over half a dozen projects for American Lubefast Inc., has demonstrated a strong area of expertise in coordinating projects within the allied fields of Architecture and Engineering which ensured a thoroughly developed set of construction documents. As in-depth grasp of the architectural process throughout all phases of the projects coupled with a burning desire to produce quality projected have assisted in constantly delivering projects on time and within budget.
MEDICAL DESIGN INTERNATIONAL, LLC, Staff Architect, 1996-1997
Responsible for production of quality design development and construction documents in coordination with the allied fields of Architecture. Developed a multitude of high-end design schemes for healthcare and medical facilities. Contributed authentic design solutions with custom design and detailing suited to specific client needs. Experience includes renovation and conservation of existing facilities into large hospitals.
EASON, EARL & ASSOCIATES OF GEORGIA, LLC, Project Leader, 1995-1996
Construction documents for medical and institutional facilities. Worked on large medical facilities involving county projects from $5 million dollars to corporate hospitals up to $70 million dollars. Contributed to complex design solutions for 50,000 square feet to 300,000 square feet projects. A substantial portion of the experience was on renovation and conversion of existing facilities into hospitals.
SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN AT THE KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY, MANHATTAN, KANSAS
Assisted in teaching courses in
American Professional Practice
Building Construction Systems Application
MAGAL ASSOCIATES, ARCHITECTS, URBAN DESIGNERS, INTERIOR DESIGNERS AND STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS, HYDERABAD, INDIA
Worked on projects like the Red Cross Center, Hyderabad, Kailash Diagnostics, Laxmi Clinic-A Maternity Hospital, Hyderabad, Sagarlal Memorial Hospital, Hyderabad, St. Anns Hospital, Hyderabad, Udumula Hospital, Jangaon
Developed design alternatives for custom built residences, commercial complexes and industrial structures. Responsible for the design, detailing, interior design, estimation and site inspection. Interacted with clients to develop design programs. Projects include Multi national Corporations such as:
· Procter and Gamble India, Ltd., Hyderabad, India
· Hershey Chocolate - Britannia Joint Venture, Hyderabad, India
· Parsin Chemicals (high-tech facility manufacturing auto air bag triggering chemicals), Hyderabad, India
K.T. RAVINDRAN, ARCHITECTS, URBAN DESIGNERS AND INTERIOR DESIGNERS, NEW DELHI, INDIA
Student Intern, 1992-1993
Assisted a team of designers on projects of urban significance in the capital. This included design, detailing, measured drawings and documentation, corporation drawings, site supervision and estimation. Projects include showroom interiors for Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company/ Mercedes Benz India, Ltd., New Delhi, India.
· Plant and Corporate office for Kusakabe India Pvt. Ltd., founded in 1913 at Kobe, Japan, at Sri City SEZ, Nellore Dist., A.P.
· Plant and Corporate Office for U.S based K.M. Toys and "Wild Republic" plant at Sri City, Nellore Dist., A.P.
· IQF plant at Denkanikottai, near Hosur, T.N. for M/S Arrow Agri Pvt. Ltd.
· Plant expansion for M/S Illinois Tool Works India Ltd., a 100 year old Fortune 200 company at Rudraram, A.P. 100,000 Sq. ft., ongoing project.
Start Date: June 2012. Expected Completion: Jan 2013
· Integrated Township on 1000 acres. Master planned the layout and currently undertaking Phase 1 consisting of Resort infrastructure and Resort cottages along with general infrastructure works designs, Gangaram Village, Near Kandi, A.P. (Site of Hyderabad IIT)
· Institutional buildings and campus Master plans for various institutions across the country – A.P., Karnataka and Maharashtra.
· Hindustan Lever Limited (Unilever), 200,000 plus sq.ft., Mechanized Warehouse on 18 acres and Logistics Park on 60 acres, Bengaluru, India.
· Hindustan Lever Limited (Unilever), 200,000 plus sq.ft., Mechanized Warehouse on are acres, Hyderabad, India. Working on the NCR Warehouse Master plan and Bengaluru Warehouse Master plan – A combined square footage of at least 600,000 sq.ft.
· Warehousing across the nation for GATI – Hyderabad Warehouse, Master planned the Central Distribution Center at Nagpur – 500,000 sq.ft. plus area.
· Consultants to M/S Morganite Crucibles India Limited, M.I.D.C, Waluj – Expansion of facilities - relocation of Woucster plant from U.K and mehsan plant to Waluj.
· Consultants to M/S Carbon Products Ltd., High Tech Technologies, Hyderabad.
· Consultants to M/S Assam Carbon Products Ltd., in recent plant expansions.
· Royal Crown Cola, U.S.A, plant for the manufacture of R.C Cola and aerated beverages, Hyderabad, India.
· Gland Pharma Limited, U.S.F.D.A approved production plant for pre-filled syringes, Hyderabad, India.
· Klarsehen Pharma, U.S.F.D.A approved production plant for Eye drops and ointments.
· Institute of Bio engineering and Bio-science at Georgia Tech, Atlanta, USA
· Whitehead Research Building, Emory University, Atlanta, USA
· University of Alabama, Interdisciplinary Science Building, USA
· Yerkees Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, USA
· SunTrust Bank addition to existing parking deck, preliminary design documents, Atlanta.
· Marta Lindbergh Station Mixed Use Master Plan, preliminary drawings.
· South Tyron Tower and Parking Deck, Chalotte, North Carolina, a twenty-six story high-rise building Consisting of office, retail and hotel spaces and twelve levels of parking.
· State Farm Insurance Company office building and parking Master plan, design development documents.
· Embassy Row 100, a mid-rise investment building office building for Carr America Realty Corp, Atlanta.
· Central Park of Lisle, a high-rise investment office building for Duke Realty Corp., Lisle, Illinois.
· Northridge Pointe Mid-rise Spec. Office building and mid-rise luxury apartments for Roberts Properties, Atlanta.
· Mangolia Hills Apartments, Norcross, Georgia, for American Management Services.
· American Lube fast facilities, Georgia.
· Jones County Law Enforcement Center, Sandersville, Georgia – Substantial completion and punch list.
· Washington County Law Enforcement Center, Georgia – Shop drawing reviews, Substantial completion and punch list.
· Wilkinson County Law Enforcement Center, Georgia, security hardware and shop drawings.
· Jones Bridge Plaza – Negotiated successfully representing the owner, the John’s creek overlay district and its impact on the design and feasibility, between the county, owner and real estate company.
· Gwinnett Justice and Administration Center/Cafeteria and space renovation.
· U.S. Sprint Communications, Inc., Tower/Antenna location at Briarcliff.
· Mill Creek Park and recreation center construction documents.
· College Park multipurpose and public safety complex design proposal.
· Columbia County and Morgan County Rest areas/ Georgia D.O.T.
· Richmond County Law Enforcement Center.
· Motorola, conversion of the existing warehouse into office space construction documents.
· Jasper Country courthouse / Revitalization of historic building and additional proposal.
· A New Country Inn and Suite and New Hampton Inn, construction documents.
· Construction documents for the Augusta Youth Develop. And Rec. Center, Augusta, Ga.
· North DeKalb Comprehensive Health Center, Atlanta, USA
· Lincoln County Hospital, N.C, USA
· Southern Regional Medical Center, Atlanta, USA
· Greene County Mental Health Center, N.C, USA
· Parkersburg Cardiology Associates, USA
· Central Washington Orthopedic Clinic, USA
· Pitt Orthopedic Clinic, USA
· Hazelgreen Rural Clinic, USA
· Shore Outpatient Surgical Center, USA
· Salem Family Practice Center,USA
· North Alabama Bone and Joint Clinic, USA
· North Side Internal Medicine, USA
· Hickory Family Practice Center, USA
· Fischman Eye Clinic, USA
· Mid Carolina Gastroenterology, N.C, USA
· Construction documents for the Augusta Youth Development and Recreational Center, Augusta, Georgia.
· Design development proposal for the Kirvin residence, Alpharetta, Georgia.
· Measured drawings for the Cooke House, Hawaii, USA.
· Schematic drawings for the extension of Procter and Gamble plant, Hyderabad, India.
· Site supervision for the H.R.B Group of Hotels, Gulbarga, India.
· Schematic and construction drawings for the Rural Training Center, Saharanpur, India.
· Showroom interior for the TATA Engineering and Locomotive Company, New Delhi, India.
· Construction documents for the International Cultural Center, New Delhi, India.
Micro station, Auto Cad r 12,13,14,2000,2004,2007,2010,3D Studio Max, Auto desk Revit, Arris 6.0. 4d, Word Perfect, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Photoshop. DOS on IBM compatibles and MAC on Apple Macintosh.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 network, Windows 95 & Windows 3.1, Windows 3.1 for work groups.
KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY, MANHATTAN, KANSAS
Master of Architecture, Urban Design, 1994-1995
Graduate Student Representative - American Institute of Architecture Students
UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII AT MANOA, HONOLULU, HAWAII
Diploma in Historic Preservation, 1994
Selected for and awarded a scholarship to attend the Pacific Preservation Field School
GULBARGA UNIVERSITY, INDIA
Bachelor of Architecture, 1988-1993
A five year professional degree accredited by the Council of Architecture, India and accepted as a professional degree for N.C.A.R.B licensure in the United States of America. Passed with a distinction being placed second in the order of merit among graduating students.
Registered Architect, Council of Architecture, New Delhi
Expert Committee Member, All India Council for Technical Education
GRIHA Certified Evaluator
Steering Committee Member, Indian Green Building Council
Very widely traveled in the continental United States, Europe and Asia. Familiar with facilities like Centers for Disease Prevention and Control, Northside Hospital, Grady Memorial Hospital, Dekalb Medical Center, Gwinett Medical Center, Scientific Atlanta, Nortel Networks, Lucent Technologies, BellSouth Corp., IBM, Motorola, BMW of N.A, Mercedes Benz of N.A, Mercedes Benz plant and Museum at Tuscaloosa, Alabama, BMW plant and Museum at Spartanburg, South Carolina, Paul Getty Center, Ford, General Motors, Doraville plant.
Extensively traveled the length and breadth of India by Air and Road. In-depth Knowledge of the Institutional, Commercial, Industrial and Residential building types across the nation. Well versed with the culture, demands, customs, traditions and limitations of people with various backgrounds across the nation. Very comfortable in dealing with Multinational clients, home grown industrial giants and the humble individual homes at the same time.